10 New You Need To Hear This Week
You’re welcome: We’ve made finding new songs by rising bands easy.Each week, we’re gathering the best from the underground and offering it to you in one, concise list. Scroll to the end and check out our Spotify Discover playlist, featuring these tracks and more!
In return, we want to hear your favorite. Let us know what track you’ll be spinning for the rest of the weekend in the comments!
Read more: twenty one pilots’ ‘Trench’ didn’t get a Grammy nomination, here’s why
1. Young Culture – “21 Days”Young Cultureopen “21 Days” with classic pop-punk riffs and grungy vocals. Catchy hooks and singable lyrics pull you further into the song. “21 Days” is off their upcoming EP,(This Is) Heaven, out Jan. 18. via Equal Vision. Fans can preorder the EPnow.
2. Crywolf – “C E P H A L Ø T U S”
The latest fromCrywolf can only be described as otherworldly. “C E P H A L Ø T U S” is an ethereal rock track named after a carnivorous plant, which is pretty cool if you ask us. The music video features surreal repeating patterns and poetic lyrics to give the song its abstract sound.
3. Andy Frasco & The U.N. – “Change Of Pace”
This folk track from Andy Frasco & The U.N. is here to shake up your weekend. “Change Of Pace” blends multiple genres together to create refreshing melodies. No matter what genre you prefer, “Change Of Pace” will lift your spirits and get your toe tapping.
4. Skyward Story – “Trading Secrets”
Skyward Story channel a classic pop-punk sound into their latest release, “Trading Secrets.” Cutesy lyrics mix with synths and minor chords to create an earworm to get stuck in your head. The song comes ahead of Skyward Story’s tour with Rookie Of The Year, with ticketsavailable now. From States Away’s most recent release features captivating melodies. You get a perfect mental image to go with the melancholy mood of “Hair.” The song is off the band’s latest EP,I Swear This Light Won’t Fade, which was released Dec. 7.
5. From States Away– “Hair”
6. Criminal Hygiene – “Greetings From A Postcard”
Criminal Hygiene released a new song with holiday vibes. “Greetings From A Postcard” has a warm acoustic feel paired with lyrics that tell a story. The release is from the band’s upcoming album,Run It Again, out March 1.Run It Againis available forpreorder now.
7. Alright– “On The Outs”
Soft rock and pop weave their way into this new release from Alright. Melodic guitars and soft spoken vocals are the highlights, driving the song forward. “On The Outs” is the title track from Alright’s latest EP, which was released Dec. 7.
8. Dahl – “Think About Us”“Think About Us” is the debut single fromCheat Codes’ Trevor Dahl’s solo project, Dahl. He gets us hooked to this new song with the catchy tune and memorable lyrics. Singing about love gone wrong, “Think About Us” is the song to help you forget your troubles this weekend.
9. Come Clean– “Complicated”North Carolina-based rockers Come Clean released “Complicated,” a new song with classic pop-punk roots. The track features gritty vocals and heavy guitars to create an anthemic feel. “Complicated” is from the band’s EP,From Down The Street,which dropped Dec. 7 viaStandby Records.
10. Dear Seattle– “Daytime TV”
Dear Seattle are coming at you with heavy guitars and addictive melodies in their newest release, “Daytime TV.” Featuring high-energy sounds and fun lyrics, “Daytime TV” is off the band’s upcoming record,Don’t Let Go. The album drops Feb. 15 and is available forpreorder now.